Saturday, March 10, 2012

Swap Smash Book

Hi. I participate in a Cricut Circle forum. It is practically the only “online” area I frequent and enjoy. The members I have met….all have a common obsession….”Cricut”…but we love to enable each other with different creative tools, shopping deals and other stuff….   I have learnt a great deal and have a great time participating. We frequently “swap” our creations, be it tags, cards and such. I recently participated in a “Smash” swap with a group of fantastic ladies from my Cricut Circle forum.  For those who do not know what a “Smash book” is, it is actually a new fun memory craze, made popular lately by EK Success/K&Company.Here's a short video to give you an idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PFsArr4Z1s
 Here’s an example of my pages...(I used paper from a stack by K&Company-Sweet Nectar -double sided paper,  stamps from Michaels' the $1.50 G studio stamps,  Stamping Up  Ink pad...sorry I forgot the colour....and embellies all from Michaels store. I made the envelop from TBBM  cricut cartridge. I used Scotch  Dry Adhesive glue....man I love that stuff!) :*simply click on photo to enlarge.




 TT


:


Here 's a clearer view and DO check this site for all the other pages from the Swap as well mine here…http://nothousework.blogspot.com/   (March 3 post..thanks Boomer Knows her photo of my pages are better than mine..lol)
We were 10 participants, contributed each 2 pages along with other “garnishes”….be it ribbon, tags,buttons, labels,folders, whatever….Here’s my Smash book together…I could not find my Bind-It-All so I used a cropadial and altered a calendar binder from Michaels instead. I "recycled" the calendar pages..lol.. and altered/used some of the dividers .... This is the front with the added embellies I got from the swap.
Here's the back

Here's a few of the pages:*some of the images/pictures are covered with sticky notes

I had to cut some of the pages to fit  but I kind of like the way  some of the odd sized pages look! l added some other pages....It is great fun ...now I am going to fill it with wonderful  memories.......Try it ladies.

2 comments: